The owner, occupier or managing entity is under the legal obligation to ensure any persons safety in case of a Fire or an Emergency. The Fire and Rescue Services Act 1990 nominates the responsibilities and penalties in the event of any contravention with the Act and the Building Fire Safety Regulations 2008 provide further guidance to comply with the requirements of the Act.
Some of the requirements are:
- Provision of Means of Escape from a Building
- Provision to maintain prescribed Fire Safety Installations within the Building
- Provision to implement and maintain a Fire Evacuation Plan
- Provision of Evacuation Signs & Diagrams
- Provision of Fire & Evacuation instruction and practice
- Provision of approved means of safe keeping of all records and documents
These requirements impact all owner/occupiers, managed entities and secondary occupiers (tenants).
Fire Matters is independent, experienced and qualified to properly manage or assist in this important but often time consuming part of your obligation.